In 2012, 756 truck drivers were killed due to a work-related injury and over 65,000 had to take time off work after a workplace injury. Seventy percent of fatal truck driver injuries were due to roadway accidents. Stay safe on the road by following these four tips:
1. Perform regular truck maintenanceA quick check of your truck every morning can keep you safe on the road. Before heading out for the day, make sure your truck is in proper working order:
- Do your brakes and horn work properly?
- Are your mirrors intact and correctly positioned?
- Are your truck’s brake fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, and windshield wiper fluid at the correct level?
- Are there any coolant or oil leaks?