A Federal Workers 2-Step Guide to Seeking Workers’ Compensation When Injured On the Job

About the author

Robert Golan

Thanks to Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA), compensation is available for federal and postal workers in the event they become ill or are hurt while working on the job. This particular fund helps to protect approximately three million government workers.

What to Do if You are a Federal Worker Injured on the Job?

In the event that you become injured on the job, follow these specific steps to ensure you receive compensation.

  1. The federal worker should immediately report the injury to his or her supervisor. The supervisor should be able to advise the federal worker about where to obtain a CA-1 or CA-2 form. These particular forms are important to the compensation process.
  2. The CA-1 form will need to be filled out in the event that a traumatic injury occurs at work. A CA-2 form allows federal workers to report an illness that they are experiencing because of their job requirements and or duties.

If you were injured, Robert Golan, PC is a Long Island work injury compensation lawyer who helps you during this time to make sure the forms are properly completed.

Is there a Time Limit for Federal Workers On Filing a Claim?

Individuals who were injured on the job or have become ill because of work related activities have a time limit of three years to file their Workers’ Compensation claim. This three-year limit spans from the time the injury or illness first occurred. Failure to report or file a claim within this time frame may result in a federal worker forfeiting their opportunity for compensation.

As an experienced Long Island federal Workers’ Compensation lawyer, Robert Golan, PC helps to make sure your claim is filed in a timely manner.

Contact Long Island Workers’ Compensation Lawyer, Robert Golan, PC for a Consultation

Contact Robert Golan, PC, at 516-586-3910 for a complimentary consultation to discuss your case.

Share This