If you were injured in a construction accident and are hoping to receive compensation, either from the company itself or from worker’s compensation, you should hire an attorney. If you are a family member of a loved one who was killed in a construction accident, you should hire an attorney. In fact, unless you have a law degree, you will greatly benefit from hiring an attorney as soon as you decide that you wish to file a claim after any construction accident has taken place.
Category Archives: Construction Accidents
Discover news and information around work injuries in the construction industry on Long Island.
There are hazards present in every work environment but some jobs are more dangerous than others. According to statistics collected by OSHA, 2.8% of workers will suffer a work-related illness or accident each year.
Construction Accident StatisticsThere were 14 work related fatalities per day in 2017 totaling roughly 5110 for the year. Of those, construction site accidents that resulted in fatalities were 971. That is approximately 20% of all work-related fatalities. In New York the percentage was higher. The New York Post attributes 37.5% of work-related deaths of 2016 in the state to construction accidents.
Top Causes of Construction Site FatalitiesThe leading causes of construction site fatalities are:
- Falls-Workers climbing ladders and standing on elevated platforms create risks for both the workers above and those below. Items accidentally dropped from a height can strike workers at ground level.
- Workers being struck by...
In 2012, 756 truck drivers were killed due to a work-related injury and over 65,000 had to take time off work after a workplace injury. Seventy percent of fatal truck driver injuries were due to roadway accidents. Stay safe on the road by following these four tips:
1. Perform regular truck maintenanceA quick check of your truck every morning can keep you safe on the road. Before heading out for the day, make sure your truck is in proper working order:
- Do your brakes and horn work properly?
- Are your mirrors intact and correctly positioned?
- Are your truck’s brake fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, and windshield wiper fluid at the correct level?
- Are there any coolant or oil leaks?