Thanks to Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA), compensation is available for federal and postal workers in the event they become ill or are hurt while working on the job. This particular fund helps to protect approximately three million government workers.

What to Do if You are a Federal Worker Injured on the Job?

In the event that you become injured on the job, follow these specific steps to ensure you receive compensation.
  1. The federal worker should immediately report the injury to his or her supervisor. The supervisor should be able to advise the federal worker about where to obtain a CA-1 or CA-2 form. These particular forms are important to the compensation process.
  2. The CA-1 form will need to be filled out in the event that a traumatic injury occurs at work. A CA-2 form allows federal workers to report an illness that they are experiencing because of their job requirements and or duties.
Read more