Often, workers are denied compensation for a number of reasons. An insurance company or Long Island Workers’ Compensation Board commonly performs denial. Our law firm works with you through the entire process with personal attention by Robert Golan, PC, in defending your Workers’ Compensation case.
As an experienced law firm in all matters concerning Workers’ Compensation, we know all the common excuses that are often given for any denial as well as how to counter them. Some of the most used reasons for denial are given as follows:
- Claim that the injury was as a result of a preexisting condition. This reason is widely used by insurance companies to avoid paying for injuries. Note that, if for example, a previous injury is worsened by the current work done by the individual, then compensation should be approved.
- Some employers list their workers as independent contractors to avoid any claims resulting from injury.
- Others try to prove that the employee was careless and that this behavior caused their injury.
- Yet others record injuries to have happened during breaks and lunch. This means that the injury happened off the clock, hence releasing the employer off any liability.
- Injuries that occur during a company trip or while driving will be shown to have happened while the employee was conducting personal business while on company time.
- Lastly, some employers often claim that notification was given late, after a thirty-day deadline.
All these cases can be successfully contested in court. As a law firm, we take on any insurer or Long Island Workers’ Compensation case and ensure that we work with our clients every step of the way.Share This